COMMITMENT TO MISSION: This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission Statement of the Phelps County Community Foundation in carrying out the duties of the organization. A commitment to confidentiality, respect and accountability to donors and the board of directors is essential.
JOB SUMMARY: The Program Assistant is responsible to the Board of Directors, through the Executive Director, for carrying out duties necessary to support the objectives and policies of the Phelps County Community Foundation. The Program Assistant works in partnership with the Executive Director and is responsible for supporting the Executive Director in the management of grants, programs and marketing/communications. The Program Assistant also serves as support for the Program Officer, as needed.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, meet with potential grantees to determine their grant eligibility.
- Enter grants into Community Suite and maintain grantee records for timeliness in reporting and awarding of grants
- Schedule grant check presentations with grantees, communicate them to the board, and add to PCCF Office calendar in G Suite.
- Prepare news releases and once approved by the Executive Director, sends them along with any photos to local media.
- Prepares content and data for the annual report.
- Responsible for keeping the PCCF website current and adding relevant content on a consistent basis.
- Manages the PCCF, Women’s Giving Group, give2GROW, and Future Fund social media accounts. Posting content on a consistent basis to engage our constituents.
- Keep the ‘Book of Memory’ and the ‘Book of Honor’ updated.
- Ensure that Benefactor books are kept up to date, order new pages as needed when new Benefactors are named and if current pages need to be edited.
- Serve as point of contact for the Women’s Giving Group and the Future Fund including managing the dues/mailings/calendars, scheduling meetings, taking minutes, and coordinating special events each fund holds on an annual basis.
- Serve as point of contact for Give2Grow including creating content and maintaining the give2GROW website, registering nonprofits and assisting with any trainings for them. Remain in contact with the nonprofits throughout the entire give2GROW event. Send final mailings to the participating nonprofits, as directed by the Program Officer.
- Carry out special projects as directed by the executive director, which may include, but are not limited to special mailings, phone calls, cleaning, special reports, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Detail orientated, responsible, energetic, personable, self-directed
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to plan workflows, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, manage details, problem solve, and meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills with specific software (MS Word, Excel, and Windows), database management systems and use of the Internet, willingness to learn Foundation specific software
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- High degree of personal and professional integrity
- Team player able to work in small office setting
- Experience in an administrative capacity with general duties as described above is preferred
- Knowledge of Phelps County is a plus
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
HOW TO APPLY: Please email a cover letter and resume to Kara Faber, Executive Director, email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted and if your experience qualifies you for this role, you will be contacted for an in-person interview. The position will remain open until filled.