course, get it done, Community Consultant. Expect to work with communities to complete applications for state
and federal funding, conduct research, provide technical assistance, build partnerships and celebrate successes.
Some travel and evening hours required. The office is located in Holdrege, Nebraska.
• Complete state and federal grant applications on behalf of communities;
• Facilitate project planning and implementation in communities;
• Conduct studies and assessments and present results;
• Work with professionals and stakeholders to address rural issues including housing;
• Work in support of the mission of the South Central Economic Development District.
• Self-motivated, work independently, and work well as a team player;
• Competent in use of technology (MS Office Suite, Adobe, etc.);
• Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment;
• Detail-oriented with an ability to manage multiple tasks;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Valid Nebraska driver’s license;
• Knowledge of local, state and federal government and community and economic development funding
programs a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, business administration, planning, or public administration; applicable
experience will be considered in place of education;
• Five years’ experience in community development.